The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

Fedora 10 issues. need assistance PLEASE!

(1 post)
  • Started 7 years ago by robb
  • Topic Viewed 854 times

PARTNER SPOTLIGHT

Recommended: Clean Your Mac the Easy Way with CleanMyMac 3

If you want to clean up your Mac the easy way, CleanMyMac is a great tool to get the job done easily, and it will even keep your computer clean automatically.

Unlike the competition, it also includes great tools like a Clean Uninstaller, to get rid of applications and clean up the junk that they leave behind. All with the click of a button.

Download CleanMyMac 3 for Free Today

Posted yesterday 
robb

I am a relative noob to linux and need some advice. First, how can I prevent certain programs from auto starting when KDE starts? I cannot find the "session manager" anywhere. I am able to kill them using the kill command, but would like to prevent them from starting at startup. Secondly, and this is kinda weird; but my system will freeze up after about 1 to 2 hours of inactivity! I have all power saving options turned off and am booting with the noapic and nolapic options in the grub.conf file.
Sometimes, while in the middle of something, the system will even kick me out of the session and take me to the login screen! I cannot recreate this error at will as it is completely random.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Let me know if there is any other info you need (and how to get it for you, lol)

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.