How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Favorites limit?

(5 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by GKI610
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 1228 times

GKI610
GKI610

Is there a limit to the number of favorites one can establish, beyond which it will drop them all? I've not been attacked this week, but my favorites have all disappeared from 2 days ago. (Yeah, I'm pissed) It's IE9 on W7.

Posted 2 years ago

GKI610
GKI610

They are all in the Favorites folder, but won't come up when I ask for them in my IE9 Browser.

Posted 2 years ago

whs
whs

There is no limit that I know of - I have several thousand. You can try the following: Do an "Export" of your Favorites from the IE (if that is possible - even if they do not show). Then do a reimport (Import) from that .html Bookmark file. Maybe they will show up.

Posted 2 years ago

GKI610
GKI610

It turns out (via a call to Microsoft) that an update to IE9 gave 3 tabs to the 'favorites' star on the right side of the toolbar: Favorites; Feeds; History. Clicking the wrong tab (blindly) resulted in a blank column. Clicking the Favorites tab resulted in showing all saved favorites. You see, I don't use the menu toolbar unless I have to, preserving all screen space for display.
Problem solved via Microsoft. I also complained about changes that altered behavior w/o notice. I guess we have to research each KB # to see what's happening..........

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

@GKI610 quote 'I guess we have to research each KB # to see what's happening.......... '

Very good point and that is the main reason I don't have updates installed automatically but just to be notified. Scrolling through the new updates will give you a link for a description of the update (like watching paint dry really) but I tend to wait a week or so.

Security updates for MSE should be picked anyway when MSE is run (everyday chaps!!).

Another option on a heavy update is to download in small doses, other than the whole batch. Still a pain but easy to rectify.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!