The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

Failing to update due to repository.

(2 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by DanielB
  • Latest reply from presence1960
  • Topic Viewed 741 times

DanielB

I am unable to update my machine. I go to update it and it gets almost completely done and it tells me to check my internet connection (works fine) and then it posts this. what am I doing wrong here?

W:Failed to fetch cdrom://Ubuntu 12.10 _Quantal Quetzal_ - Release amd64 (20121017.5)/dists/quantal/main/binary-amd64/Packages Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
, W:Failed to fetch cdrom://Ubuntu 12.10 _Quantal Quetzal_ - Release amd64 (20121017.5)/dists/quantal/restricted/binary-amd64/Packages Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
, W:Failed to fetch cdrom://Ubuntu 12.10 _Quantal Quetzal_ - Release amd64 (20121017.5)/dists/quantal/main/binary-i386/Packages Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
, W:Failed to fetch cdrom://Ubuntu 12.10 _Quantal Quetzal_ - Release amd64 (20121017.5)/dists/quantal/restricted/binary-i386/Packages Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
, E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Posted 1 year ago

presence1960
presence1960

I am not in front of a linux machine now. But you probably have cdrom checked in software sources. Go to software sources and in the first tab at the top uncheck cdrom. Close software sources and run in terminal sudo apt-get update. You should now be good to go.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!