extracting XML tags from MS word 2007

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by avnik
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 2884 times

avnik

I have a word document which has text and xml tags in it. example

<content><title>Title name</title></content>

This module is designed for personnel who may need to interface with, and input to the process.

This module is an introduction , its function and importance to all Programme participants. It also describes the roles and responsibilities of those involved in the process.

<p><b>Edit 1</b> is acceptable but a little dull.<br/><b>Edit 2</b> uses the cutaways at the end of the rushes to improve the narrative structure without distorting or misrepresenting what happened, and is still acceptable.<br/><b>Edit 3</b> is unacceptable– it misrepresents the facts and treats the subject unfairly. The woman has been made to appear as if she stormed off from the photo shoot.</p>

etc etc...

Now what i want is to extract all the tags to a separate file.

so that i can have this
------------------------------------------------------
<content><title>Title name</title></content>

<p><b>Edit 1</b> is acceptable but a little dull.<br/><b>Edit 2</b> uses the cutaways at the end of the rushes to improve the narrative structure without distorting or misrepresenting what happened, and is still acceptable.<br/><b>Edit 3</b> is unacceptable– it misrepresents the facts and treats the subject unfairly. The woman has been made to appear as if she stormed off from the photo shoot.</p>
-----------------------------------------------------------

Would anyone know of any method to do this? I tried the inbuilt functionality for XML in word 2007 but it just wasn't doing what i want it to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted 6 years ago

The Geek

Your only real option is to write some type of software to help with this... I imagine you could use some sort of macro in Word, or an XSLT script.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Check this out. Maybe it's useful http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/.....o-xml.html

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.