Specifically I am looking to get (i think a bin) the driver for a dvd drive from an exe file.
my problem is that I would like revert my dvd drive IHAS 424B back to a previous fw GL1A. Windows updated it to GL1B.
When i try to run the exe file for GL1A I get an errror saying it is for the wrong drive, that I have IHAS 424B GL1B (i read this to mean that it doesnt want to allow me to go back to an old firmware)
I have a utility to revert the drive back but it requires a bin file.
This forum had a post (4 years old...) that suggested:
Unfortunately, due the amount of threads on this forum and the small amount of regular posters it is not possible for all the questions to be answered within 1 day or even a few days in some cases.
I agree it is a little disappointing when a thread isn't answered within a day though but that is how things work.
To answer your question you can use a program like 7-Zip to extract files from exe archives.
Here is how with 7-Zip:
1. Download and install 7-Zip from http://www.7-zip.org/
2. Open 7-Zip and browse to the folder containing the exe.
3. Right click on the exe file and click "Open Inside".
4. Double click a folder inside if needed to get to the files.
5. Select the files you need by clicking on them while holding down the ctrl key.
6. Right click on the selected files and click "Copy To".
7. Type a path or click on the "..." button to browse for a folder.
8. Click Ok.
Posted 4 years ago #
I tried this method but couldnt find a bin nor anything that i know how to use.
Exe obtained from official source:
So to rehash my actual question what is the easiest way to go back to the previous Driver version GL1A from the currently installed GL1B.