How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Extended Tiles instead of Tiles View - Windows 7 64bit

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Forz
  • Latest reply from Forz
  • Topic Viewed 1304 times

Forz
Forz

Few months ago I bought a new laptop and have been customizing the installed Win7 x64. I put my finishing touches by using "Windows 7 Folder Background Changer" found here. But as soon as I launched the application it changed my default folder view from "Tiles", which I have been using for a long time, to a new option "Extended Tiles". This new look is hideous and replaced the "Tiles" option everywhere but some location such as Computer, Libraries, Control Panel etc. I didn't even try to change the background. I've tried the "Uninstall" button in the program to no avail. I've tried resetting Folder Views. I've done a System Restore to before the error occurred. I've restarted the computer. Nothing works. Please help me revert to the old view.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Try the free version of,
http://www.revouninstaller.com.....nload.html
Run it in Advanced mode.

Posted 1 year ago

Forz
Forz

Um...the program doesn't actually INSTALL, it just changes the way my folders look and created a folder in C:\Windows (which I deleted) so there is nothing to uninstall. I think the registry has been modified.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Try control panel and reset the options; return to default.

Don't mess with your system, it will end up with manifold problems in the end

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Doing a System Restore to a date before you used this rogue program should fix the registry. If not then you may have to do a system re-install to recover. Deleting the folder that a program is in is not the recommended way to uninstall anything. I would reinstall it. See if there is any way to uninstall it using RevoUninstaller recommended above. Perhaps in the hunter mode. Reading the comments on the web page I notice many folks having problems uninstalling it. You may be facing a reload of the OS to recover.

When installing any little known software it is prudent to take an image backup.

Posted 1 year ago

Forz
Forz

"Try control panel and reset the options; return to default."
I already tried it, it doesn't work.

"Deleting the folder that a program is in is not the recommended way to uninstall anything."
Yes but I contacted the Software Creator (Kishan Bagaria) and he said delete the folder C:\W7FBC so I did.

"You may be facing a reload of the OS to recover."
That is the thing I dread the most. I'd have to install ALL my programs again.

"I would reinstall it."
As I already stated, it doesn't install. It's a standalone executable. The changes happen when I run it.

Posted 1 year ago

Forz
Forz

Remember how I said that Libraries still had Tiles View? Well, I went to Libraries, went to Organize > Folder and Search Options > View Tab > Apply to Folders. Now all my folders show Tiles view. Thanx for replying!

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!