The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

(Solved) - exporting outlook files from outlook into excel

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Dcw329
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 1279 times

Dcw329

ok, this one might be a bit tough. i have a friend that is a cosmotoligist (hair stylist) and keeps all there clients records on outlook at the home desktop. things like product used and notes and what-not. she wants to be able to take this information with her on her PDA. She has said that all the information should work with her PDA if its on a Office program. I'm thinging put it into a excel spreadsheet. This way she can scroll down to find the name, then scroll across to find ______. But heres the problem. im not sure how to move the information from outlook over to excel. and retyping is kinda pointless and frustrateing when it is continualy being update with new clients and informaion, so it needs to have the ability to update automaticly, or just press the button "update", and then call it good. i dont want to have to redo this every day at the end of the day for her.

if you think excel isnt the best choose, im open to suggestions, and i will recomend them. but it does need to be easy, readable, and updateable.

for now i will continue tinkering, because the help box didnt do too much helping. ill check back every now and then... and ill tell you if i ever get it... but i will be waiting for a response if i dont figure it out...

thank you
Dcw329

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

Dcw329

all i can say is
"SWEEEET"
scott comes through... again...

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

BTW, I was able to export Outlook info into Google Docs via .csv, I haven't installed Excel just yet (I do have it). I'm sure there are many sync apps that work with Google and PDAs.

Posted 6 years ago

Dcw329

ya... i noticed a way to get it to google... but she wasnt interested... but its still kinda cool... ill talk to her tomarrow and see what she thinks of the yahoo program... thanks for the help...

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

Shirley ;)

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.