export access report to Power Point?!?(3 posts)
I have looked in Access, PowerPoint and did a few searches and it doesn't look like there is a direct way to export an Access Report to PowerPoint.
There is a less direct way though that should work better then Printscreen and crop.
You can try using Virtual Printer software to convert the report print output to a format you can put into PowerPoint.
You can use the program PDFCreator to do this.
It's free and can export to some image formats that can then be imported into PowerPoint.
Here is how:
1. Download and install PDFCreator from http://www.pdfforge.org/products/pdfcreator
2. Open the Access Report and open the print dialog.
Access 2007: Click the Office Logo and click print.
Access 2003 and Lower: Click file and click print.
3. In the printer name box select "PDFCreator" and click ok.
4. In the PDFCreator dialog that appears uncheck the "After saving open with the default program" and click save.
5. In the save as dialog under type select an image format like PNG.
6. Type a type and save it somewhere you will remember.
7. You will see a PDFCreator logo flash by while it's being saved and then it will disappear when it's done.
8. Open PowerPoint and open the insert picture dialog box.
Office 2007: Click the insert tab on the ribbon and click picture.
Office 2003 and Lower: Click the insert menu move over picture and click from file.
9. Browse to where you saved the image file and double click it.
10. Crop any extra white space if need be and you are done.
Office 2007 and Lower: http://office.microsoft.com/en.....01033.aspx
I just did all that under Windows Vista with Office 2007 and works.
It should also work lower versions.