The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Explorer issues ... fixed in Win7 ?

(1 post)
  • Started 6 years ago by bilglas
  • Topic Viewed 517 times

PARTNER SPOTLIGHT

Recommended: Clean Your Mac the Easy Way with CleanMyMac 3

If you want to clean up your Mac the easy way, CleanMyMac is a great tool to get the job done easily, and it will even keep your computer clean automatically.

Unlike the competition, it also includes great tools like a Clean Uninstaller, to get rid of applications and clean up the junk that they leave behind. All with the click of a button.

Download CleanMyMac 3 for Free Today

Posted yesterday 
bilglas

Two of the things I like least about Vista: (Issue #1) The inability to convince Windows that I want the columns in Explorer to be MY choice, instead of the columns it arbitrarily decides is better. And yes, I know there's a way to TELL it ... but it misbehaves, for lack of a better word. (Issue #2) If your Explorer Window include the Preview Panel, the file in its focus cannot be moved, changed, or deleted. For anyone who hasn't experienced this nuisance ... it's pretty simple: You use Explorer to locate a TIF file (for example) that you want to open. You click to open it in Photoshop, make a change to the file, and then hit SAVE. Sorry ... can't do it! Reason: The preview thumbnail is still visible in the Explorer window, buried under Photoshop. Major pain in the neck.

I would love to know if either of these issues have been address in Win7. Thanks!!

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.