The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - Exploit:Java?

(11 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Tifan121
  • Latest reply from samrobert
  • Topic Viewed 1113 times

Tifan121

Hey, I recently downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials and got rid of AVG because I find AVG doesn't find anything... So I finished the scan and Microsoft Security Essentials found something, I will post the picture and see what everyone thinks, I looked the virus/exploit up, and it was from Java, but I've read some things about it and people say it's because my Java/other people's Java are outdated, Just wondering if this is True? Does it become an Exploit:Java if you have an updated version of Java? Check it out

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

I would allow the removal.
More info here: http://www.microsoft.com/secur.....12-0507.BB

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

Tifan121

Yeah, I did remove it when it first popped up, Does anyone know exactly what an "Exploit" does, does it track credit cards or anything bad like that?

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Any vulnerability has that possibility.
If you do a lot of transactions on the web, consider using; http://www.trusteer.com/download-trusteer-rapport

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi
Xhi

According to Microsoft

Exploit:Java/CVE-2012-0507.A is the detection for a malicious Java applet stored within a Java archive (.JAR) that attempts to exploit a vulnerability in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) up to and including versions 7 update 2, versions 6 update 30 and versions 5 update 33. The vulnerability is described in CVE-2012-0507.

Posted 2 years ago

Tifan121

I was reading and it is definitely because my Java is outdated, The versions that have those Exploits were listed, and I had one of the version that was infected or could have been infected, and it says to install the latest version of Java to be safe. I think I had Version 5 Update 33 or something like that... So I will update it, but what should I do after I install it? Scan my computer again?

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Any help ?
http://singularlabs.com/software/javara/

Posted 2 years ago

Tifan121

I was looking on the actual Java website and it showed me how to remove older versions, I'm almost positive I removed the older versions and I just finished downloading the newest version "Version 7 Update 5"... I'll go ahead and look to make sure that the older versions of Java are deleted, Thanks for the help guys

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

BTW in control panel, navigate to Java and take control of it, there are many options

Posted 2 years ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

Tifan121, also uninstall all older Java versions before installing the newer one.

Jim

Posted 2 years ago

samrobert

Exploit:Java/CVE-2012-0507 is actually a malicious Java code application that exploit Java Runtime vulnerabilities to attack victim's computer. It is very similar to Exp/20124681-A which actually target the PC having older version of Java installed. So, installing the latest version of Java may resolve this issue. If still problem persists, then best solution is to use automatic removal tool to easily remove nasty Exploit:Java/CVE-2012-0507 virus from your PC.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.