The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Eurostile font problem in Word 2007 on Vista Home Premium

(3 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by chieftain
  • Latest reply from chieftain
  • Topic Viewed 3613 times

chieftain

I was recently running a Registry Mechanic (PC Tools) scan and saw that there was an invalid Windows font entry, that was subsequently deleted. The font in question is Eurostile (True Type). When I open Word 2007 (MS Office Home and Student 2007) the default settings are: View - Print Layout, Font - Calibri (Body). But the moment I search or scroll down for Eurostile, I get a message saying "There is insufficient memory or disk space. Word cannot display the requested font." I click on OK - the error message goes away, the document view switches from 'Print Layout' to 'Draft' and now.... Eurostile can be selected! I looked in my Fonts folder and can find only Eurostile Bold (OpenType). Can someone please explain what the problem might be? Thanks!

I have 80 GB free HD space, 2 GB RAM and run Vista Home Premium.

Posted 7 years ago

The Geek

Most of these so-called registry cleaner tools cause unintended side effects like this... but they usually have a backup file that you can apply.

What you could also do is run the repair option on Microsoft Office (in the programs menu), which should repair the registry entries correctly.

Posted 7 years ago

chieftain

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a Detect and Repair feature in Office 2007. I ran MS Office Diagnostics (in the Programs menu) though. No problems detected. I restored the backup file (like you suggested) but Eurostile is still acting funny! Do you know of any other way to repair the registry? Thanks so much.

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.