The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Error -4960 mac

(3 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by kush20197
  • Latest reply from kush20197
  • Topic Viewed 10406 times

kush20197

I downloaded Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 family on my mac. It downloaded without any problem. But when I tried to mount the .dmg file, I got an "error -4960". I thought that the file was corrupt, and redownloaded it, but I encountered the same problem again and again.
I have a macbook pro 13" 2.3 GHz with Mac OS X 10.7.2 and 4 GB RAM.
Please help me, as I really need Premiere Pro CS5.5 for my project.
Thank You

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Hi, welcome. So a little bit of searching over the web shows that this problem is common; the download should NOT be interrupted (paused) at any point. I know it's a pain to download such a large file without any interruption, but try downloading again, and don't interrupt the download till it finishes.

Ref: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1796385?start=0&tstart=0

Posted 2 years ago

kush20197

That could be a solution to my problem, so thanks. But later, I explored that folder again and surprisingly found out that the file was deleted automatically. I can't figure out how this happened and was really pissed off. I had to download Premiere pro from the download manager as I had not been able to find any torrent on the web for mac, all I found out was for windows. And the download manager showed errors after every 6-7 hours. Before premiere pro, I downloaded after effects CS5.5 and it was downloaded and installed with no problem, although after effects also showed errors while downloading. My main problem might be with the mounting of the dmg, as it showed this error every time when I tried to mount the file. So plz help....

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.