The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Error 2203 AFTER installing and having used MS Office (PowerPoint) 2010

(17 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by sunnyjay
  • Latest reply from sunnyjay
  • Topic Viewed 1105 times

sunnyjay

I installed and have been using MS Office 2010 trial version on my PC, Win 7, Home, 32 bit. I am using it to convert a 2007 PPT presentation to a wmv file format.

I had one successful 'save as' conversion to the wmv format but wanted to adjust some audio timings that the process did not pick up. Now when attempting to save after editing a copy of the pptx I kept getting the message that "PowerPoint found an error that it can't correct" and then I couldn't save the changes to any format.

I had been advised to run a 'repair' within the "programs (uninstall/change/repair)" folder and got the error 2203. I still have Office and PPT 2007 installed.

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

sunnyjay, check here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2000547

Posted 1 year ago

sunnyjay

Thank you ronniesonora, just to be clear, this issue came up AFTER I had installed and had been using Office 2010 successfully for a few weeks. As it is a "Trial version" I am hesitant to do an uninstall/reinstall that they are suggesting.

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

O.K. but the error occurs when Microsoft Office Setup cannot access the default temporary folder in Windows (%temp%). A third-party program may restrict access to this folder, or there may not be sufficient permissions assigned to it.

Posted 1 year ago

sunnyjay

I Understand but if I uninstall a TIME LIMITED, TRIAL version, how do I reinstall it?

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Try this and see if it will help http://www.downloadatoz.com/ho.....,5608.html

Posted 1 year ago

sunnyjay

Thank you ronniesonora, but again my version is a TRIAL version, which expires in 32 days. AND I'm thinking Office/PowerPoint 2010 has lots of "issues" so I probably will wait for 2013 to purchase. BUT, I would like to finish up editing and saving as wmv, a PPT presentation I started working on a month ago, IF it's possible to do this 'fix' by knowing how to reinstall this TRIAL version. Where do I go and confirm that I am a "trial version" user and be assured I can access the download to reinstall?

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

sunnyjay, check here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfr.....=c02981221

Posted 1 year ago

sunnyjay

Thanks ronniesonora, but that's for the 'pre-loaded' versions. I downloaded this from Microsoft as a trial version. Anyway I finally got the 'repair' to run, without the 2203 error, for Office 2010 by giving permission to "Everyone" where It was suggested. So shall try to edit and save the PowerPoint program again. Thank you again for all your help and referrals to sites that I will bookmark!

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x

Normally there is a conflict when trying to run two different versions and or a trial version and full version of MS Office. Surprised you were not prompted to uninstall your older version before installing the 2010 trial version. You might have to uninstall the trial version but then don't know if you can reinstall the trial version as it has been installed once already

Posted 1 year ago

sunnyjay

Thanks germ-x! I guess I'll have to uninstall the 2007 version since I have the disk for it. I ran a 'repair' on the Office 2010, without a 2203 error this time. But, I still found the 'save as' balked at something, which it would not reveal, and gave me the "PowerPoint found an error that it can't correct" message again, followed by telling me to Optimize, which had already been done.

It WOULD have been helpful had the instructions recommended uninstalling 2007 first. AND, I don't know why it had worked fairly well up 'til now.

Makes me very hesitant to consider purchasing the 2010 version. It seems one literally has to become a tech to get most of MS programs to run well and consistently. They ALL just rush things to market.

Posted 1 year ago

sunnyjay

Posted 1 year ago

sunnyjay

Well, I uninstalled the 2007 MS Office, ran the 'repair' on the 2010 Office, rebooted the PC, and still cannot get Power Point 2010 to save any changes I make now. The error message: "PowerPoint found an error that it can't correct" pops up even if I just try to ad a title to a slide and save immediately. Can anyone suggest further solutions??

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix

Uninstall all the Offices and re-install just one.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179

http://gallery.technet.microso.....y-3889c8db

Posted 1 year ago

sunnyjay

Thanks raphoenix, I agree that It would be helpful to un/ reinstall the 2010, however it is a Trial version, with about 31 days left on the 'trial'. How can I re-install it ?

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix

I'm not sure.

The Problem is that you tried to run TWO different versions of Office and that always ends up in a catastrophe.

May be one of our other Members can help out better than I can because I would Clean Install the total O/S. :(

Posted 1 year ago

sunnyjay

Thanks for trying raphoenix! To be clear, I uninstalled the 2007 version and still the 2010 version gives me the "PowerPoint found an error that it can't correct" message when I try to save any edits to my project.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.