The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

EOS Utility has stopped. .NET Framwork

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by iiipgciii
  • Latest reply from iiipgciii
  • Topic Viewed 810 times

iiipgciii

I have recently reinstalled my Windows 7 64bit, and I was going through reinstalling my programs. They all seem to be working, except my Canon EOS Utility for my digital camera. From the error's I received, and checking out the event viewer, I can tell that it is a problem with .NET Framework. This program was fully functioning before the reinstall.

The second I run the program, it says that "EOS Utility Has Stopper Working"

I have uninstalled, reinstalled,repaired, and update the program, but nothing works. I have also run the .NET Framework repair utility

I Receive this error:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01:eos utility.exe
Problem Signature 02:2.8.1.0
Problem Signature 03:4b5fb8b5
Problem Signature 04:mscorlib
Problem Signature 05:2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06:503f01b1
Problem Signature 07:20a4
Problem Signature 08:7
Problem Signature 09:N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

This is what Event Viewer says:

Log Name: Application
Source: EOS Utility
Date: 2/11/2013 2:06:16 PM
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: paul-HP
Description:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._SerializationInvoke(Object target, SignatureStruct& declaringTypeSig, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.SerializationInvoke(Object target, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject(ObjectHolder holder)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoFixups()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.DeserializeObject(Int32 typeIndex)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObjectV2(Int32 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObject(Int32 pos)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.ResourceEnumerator.get_Entry()
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.ResourceEnumerator.get_Current()
at System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager.FillResources(CultureInfo culture, ResourceSet& resourceSet)
at System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager.FillResources(CultureInfo culture, ResourceSet& resourceSet)
at System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager.ApplyResources(Object value, String objectName, CultureInfo culture)
at System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager.ApplyResources(Object value, String objectName)
at EOSUtility.Splash.InitializeComponent()
at EOSUtility.Splash..ctor()
at EOSUtility.MainMenu.createSplashWindow()
at EOSUtility.MainMenu..ctor()
at EOSUtility.Program.Main(String[] args)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="EOS Utility" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-02-11T19:06:16.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>5682</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>paul-HP</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._SerializationInvoke(Object target, SignatureStruct& declaringTypeSig, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.SerializationInvoke(Object target, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.FixupSpecialObject(ObjectHolder holder)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.DoFixups()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.DeserializeObject(Int32 typeIndex)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObjectV2(Int32 pos, ResourceTypeCode& typeCode)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.LoadObject(Int32 pos)
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.ResourceEnumerator.get_Entry()
at System.Resources.ResourceReader.ResourceEnumerator.get_Current()
at System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager.ApplyResources(Object value, String objectName, CultureInfo culture)
at System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager.ApplyResources(Object value, String objectName)
at EOSUtility.Splash.InitializeComponent()
at EOSUtility.Splash..ctor()
at EOSUtility.MainMenu.createSplashWindow()
at EOSUtility.MainMenu..ctor()
at EOSUtility.Program.Main(String[] args)</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Checkout Last Posting on this topic.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/f.....start.html

Posted 1 year ago

iiipgciii

I have tried that, that was for Vista. This crashes without the camera even plugged in.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Doing a wide spread search, I found the problem you are having all over the net.

There are a number of Solves but each solution is different from another.

May be another member of this forum has a Canon Camera and can help with an answer.

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

Just curious, since the OS was recently reinstalled, are the updates for Windows 7 including those for the .net framework completed to the most recent?

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

As good as Canon cameras are (I have two), I've never had good luck with their camera utilities (which is odd becasue their scanner utility is great). I just don't bother with Canon's utilities and use various feebie software instead (I might add, neither of my cameras save in RAW).

Posted 1 year ago

iiipgciii

I have installed/uninstalled old .NET Frameworks, New .NET Frameworks, but nothing fixes the issue.

I really liked the way the Utility organized my photos, and the Windows Imaging is pretty limited in that aspect. Do you suggest another way of importing them?

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I agree Windows 7's imaging is less than stellar (XP's was much better). I use IrfanView to download my photos from my cameras. More accurately, I just use Windows to download the photos directlyfrom my camera card, using a card reader instead of the camera, to a temporary folder. I just open up the card on the desktop, navigate to the correct folder, then copy the contents to a temporary folder on the desktop; I erase the card in the camera after I feel confident the photos are safely on my computer and backed up. I then use IrfanView to rename the photos (working with copies of the originals) and sort them out into different folders if I forgot to make new folders in the camera (and I usually forget).

There are numerous free programs for editing photos, Gimp being the most popular. Picassa is probably the most popular free program for organizing photos.

Posted 1 year ago

iiipgciii

After going back and forth with Canon through email, they couldn't figure it out. They asked me to call. I called 3 times, and got disconnected all 3 times after giving the rep all my info. Each time, I gave them a window to call me back. Nobody did. After being disconnected the 3rd time, I gave up.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!