The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Entry Point Not Found

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by LEECAD
  • Latest reply from ispalten
  • Topic Viewed 442 times

LEECAD

My Wife has a Notebook. She has been having problems with it freezing, playing games, and downloading Java.
I installed some Spyware and Malware programs and scanned and found some issues. I removed those thinking that might be the problem. When I rebooted it had a message and I asked her if it always appears when she reboots, and she said yes.

Here is the message that appears................AppleSyncNotifier.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point sqlite3_wal_checkpoint could not be located in the
dynamic link library SQLite3.dll

I take it this means there is a missing DLL file?
What can be done or is there anything that can be done to resolve this?

Thank You.

Posted 1 year ago

Santo
Santo

Have a look at this HTG Article.

If you do not use iPod or iTunes, you may remove it from the computer. If you are using them, then uninstall iTunes and install the latest version of it.

Posted 1 year ago

LEECAD

Thank You Santo. I will give that a try. I'll let yall know what happens. I hope this fixes it because we really cant afford another computer.

Posted 1 year ago

Santo
Santo

This is only a software issue and there is nothing wrong with your computer hardware. So, don't worry about buying another computer.

Posted 1 year ago

LEECAD

Would this message stop Java from downloading. She wants to play games, but without downloading the latest Java update, she is unable to do this.

I was just wondering if the dll. file being in the wrong folder cause this problem.

Thank You.

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

Unfortunately and DLL can be replaced by installing an application. DLL's are Dynamic Load Libraries. Some programs modify 'system' DLL's or common DLL's to add what they require as an entry point. All well and good, as long as the latest version was used as the starting level when an app developer adds the entry point. However, if you install a 3 year old app the chances are it will be back-level and cause such a problem.

Any way, HERE is your solution (looks the same as Santo gave).

I wouldn't think this has anything to do with d/l'ing Java? If the above doesn't fix it, and I don't expect it too, open another thread for that and post any error messages you get.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!