The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - entire screen is verticle

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by sandillajoan
  • Latest reply from sandillajoan
  • Topic Viewed 472 times

sandillajoan

i was out and came home to find everything on my screen verticle. when i tried to restart, the prompts saying 'monitor is going to sleep' are in the right direction. the monitor adjustment prompts are in the right direction. as soon as my password page is up that is verticle too. i haven't a clue. i'm just an ordinary user and am wondering if anybody can help me w/this or if i have to bring it in for professional repair?

Posted 2 years ago

gedstar
gedstar

Try this

Single Monitor Display Rotation:

1. Press and hold Ctrl + Alt on your keyboard.

2. While holding on those keys, press any of the four arrows on your keyboard for desired angle. Here are the control directions and attributes.

Right Arrow – rotate the screen at 90 degrees
Down Arrow – rotate the screen at 180 degrees
Left Arrow – rotate the screen at 270 degrees
Up Arrow- returns the screen to normal position

Posted 2 years ago

Bumpkin

@gedstar - I had to try your suggestion, just to see if it works for me. It did not work on my system.

@sandillajoan - If gedstar's method does not work for you try this. Right click on your desktop and select Graphic Properties. A app will open, then look for Rotation, there you can set the rotation of your display.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

sandillajoan

thanks for the help!! The control/alt and arrow keys didn't work for me either. However, I did try the second suggestion and voila - everything went back to normal. I can't imagine what I did to cause this problem? as i said, all was fine and when i returned from being out, that is what i came home to. could i have done something i'm unaware of to cause this?

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.