The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

embeding an object in the body of an email

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by walterramjet
  • Latest reply from walterramjet
  • Topic Viewed 921 times

walterramjet

I use microsoft outlook 2007. It wont let me us html tags to create an email because it is now wysiwyg. nor will it send an email from within internet explorer that has a youtube embeded object in it. How do I put an embeded object in the body of my email so that when the recipient opens the email, they see the Youtube movie screen? I have tried a lot of things and really, all I want to do is insert <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CxGCAIUo6tY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CxGCAIUo6tY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> into an email so that it looks like what it should look like on a web page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank-You,

Walt

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

It would be best to just send a link to the youtube video page instead.
All lot of email clients will not display HTML email for security reasons.
So it may not work for the recipient even if you could send HTML with that in it.

Posted 6 years ago

walterramjet

thanks, but that doesn't answer the question. If it cant be done in Outlook 2007, then Microsoft took a huge step backwards in capability of previous versions of Outlook for twice the price!

In Microsoft's Internet Explorer you have the option to either "Send" via Email "the webpage" or "just the link". Of course when I select Send webpage via Email, my default email editor opens, but does not populate the window with whats on the webpage. Previous versions of Outlook didn't have this problem. I'm sure there is something I am doing wrong. Can someone please tell me what happened?
thank-you,
Walt

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

I just tested that with Internet Explorer 7 and Outlook 2007. It appears the email does have the contents of web page except for some things like object tags and maybe javascript.
I can only guess it was done for security and privacy reasons. There doesn't appear to be anything about the change on support.microsoft.com.
Also from searching Outlook 2007 help, it appears there is no way to edit the HTML source of a message before sending.

Posted 6 years ago

walterramjet

yeah! its a real bummer. i'm just totally bumbed over this.

walter

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!