The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Embed Video without icon in MS Word

(1 post)
  • Started 3 years ago by tinygod
  • Topic Viewed 619 times

PARTNER SPOTLIGHT

Recommended: Clean Your Mac the Easy Way with CleanMyMac 3

If you want to clean up your Mac the easy way, CleanMyMac is a great tool to get the job done easily, and it will even keep your computer clean automatically.

Unlike the competition, it also includes great tools like a Clean Uninstaller, to get rid of applications and clean up the junk that they leave behind. All with the click of a button.

Download CleanMyMac 3 for Free Today

Posted yesterday 
tinygod

Good Mornin, Afternoon, Evening, whatever your time zone lol.

I am attempting to create a guide for several elements within SharePoin 2010.
In this guide I cover several ideas that would be best taught through use of embeded video.

Now I have camtasia. I have created several files. I have converted those files to .avi. I have embeded these files within my document, through use of the insert object commands.

However I cannot for the life of me. Figure out how to embed a video without the use of the default Icon. Or perhaps to hyperlink an embeded video to a string of text within the document. IE: Type "Click Here". When End User clicks the word Here. The embeded video on the subject will start playing. I can only manage to get a large .avi icon, with the file name displayed below it.

There has to be a way to do this. Again, I'm kinda in over my head when it comes to MS Word. I mean, I have "mastered" SharePoint.... or I don't know.. my bosses think I have lol.

Please assist.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.