The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Email Recall in Outlook 2007

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by bavafa
  • Latest reply from feinui
  • Topic Viewed 798 times

bavafa

It's odd Microsoft does not have a utility or a workaround for emails to be recalled or repealed that are sent out to recepients by error. This is an imperative utility that ought to be included in Outlook as nowadays email is a means of communications. regardless of whether you use Microsoft Exchange or not. We must voice out to Microsoft to come up with a utility to help users.
Unfortunately, like everything else in microsoft Office, you have to create a rule rather than readily available as an option as part of its dropdown menu.
However, for now creating a rule is somewhat workable locally as long as emails are not gone out of your Outbox. Please voice it up to Microsoft.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....ng-emails/ .
Good luck!

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Ever try to get mail back from the Post Office once they have it? You can't. Email is the same. it is sent instantaneously. Seconds after you click it is in the recipients mail box. At that point it is his/ers . No leagal way to do what you want.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

gMail gives you a short (about 10 seconds) kill time.

Posted 1 year ago

feinui

I think Lotus Notes has an option that allows you to label an email as RECALL after it has been sent oyut. I do not know how it is done but I have received emails in Lotus Notes that says RECALL blah blah in the subject line.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!