How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

Easy BCD2.2 removed WIN 7 instead WIN 8

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by budensik
  • Latest reply from scorpion99
  • Topic Viewed 563 times

budensik
budensik

Hi everyone this is first time i'm asking You for help but i'm stocked pretty bad if You know what i mean.
OK i was using your article " How to Uninstall or Remove Windows 8 From Your Dual-Boot Setup " i did it before on my laptop and everything was fine but this time i deleted windows 7 instead win 8 , don't get me wrong suppose to be opposite i wanted to have just WIN 7.
OK after quick shock on win 8 i installed EasyBCD i choose "add new entry" then i pointed win7 and i also pointed that win7 is my default system i clicked save settings and i restarted my computer .After 5min i had a choice which system i want to boot of course i clicked on win7 but i took a while and guess what nothing happened i mean WIN 8 booted instead WIN 7.

So what i suppose to do ,any suggestions?

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

budensik hi,
Well if you deleted win7 then it's gone, you only have Win8 on your hdd now and that's why when you booted and even though you clicked on Win7 Win8 started.
You might try the free Partition Wizard and see if it can recover your lost win7 O/S
http://www.partitionwizard.com.....nager.html

Posted 1 year ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

Check if the installation destination still for windows 7 & 8 , you might have delete just the boot.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!