How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

DVDFlick?

(18 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by AgentFleabag
  • Latest reply from ispalten
  • Topic Viewed 1833 times

AgentFleabag
AgentFleabag

I KEEP getting his Error, and I'm trying to burn the movie to a DLDVDR.

Regular DVD is too small for what I'm burning.

Posted 3 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Is the movie copy protected?

Posted 3 years ago

fooBar
fooBar

Check the size of the image you are trying to burn..
If I am reading that right, it says your source is about 8 GB. Unless your using a double layer DVD, a standard DVD only holds 4.7gigs.

Posted 3 years ago

AgentFleabag
AgentFleabag

FooBar - I said underneath..
I'm trying to burn a movie to a DL DVDR

Posted 3 years ago

moreeg
moreeg

It seems quite a coincidence that it would crap out at exactly 50% complete which also, coincidentally, would be the size of a normal DVD. I just checked the burn software I use (not very often) and it explicitly does not support DL. Is it possible that Imgburn does not support DL or there is a check box somewhere that needs ticking?

Posted 3 years ago

AgentFleabag
AgentFleabag

Moreeg.
I'm not sure, because I used DVDFLICK as my program and after it finalizes the Disc, ImageBurn does the rest of the job.
In DVDFLICK, I Checked a box for DL DVD

Posted 3 years ago

moreeg
moreeg

A quick look through the ImgBurn forum tells me that it is capable of burning DL. The one (possibly) relevant post is here. Maybe you can get a more specific answer from that forum or the DVDFlick forum if it has one.

EDIT: I just checked the DVDFlick forum and happened on this series of posts. The last post gives some instruction on burning to DL DVD. Hope this helps.

Posted 3 years ago

fooBar
fooBar

Your DVD burner must also be DL compliant.

Posted 3 years ago

AgentFleabag
AgentFleabag

Foobar it does.

Posted 3 years ago

fooBar
fooBar

Has this program worked for you in the past? If so what is different now? Have you checked all the variables to isolate the issue?

Tried..?
-different source file
-different dvd
-reinstall software
-different software

Just trying to spark some ideas.

Posted 3 years ago

marks100
marks100

Try compressing the size your trying to burn with dvd shrink, only a suggestion or split the file/iso.

mark.

Posted 3 years ago

AgentFleabag
AgentFleabag

Foobar - It's the Size (8gb) and the fact I'm doing it on a DL DVD
When I do a normal size (Average size if I may) video I use a Regular DVD and I get no issues...

:/
This depresses me.
Marks, what do you mean..?
DVD Shrink..? I'll Browse for that now...

Posted 3 years ago

AgentFleabag
AgentFleabag

Guys I burned it as an ISO and then transfered it over to a DL DVD
Worked...
But....The video I got is in 720p, but it REALLY lost quality.
And I know I can change up some stuff here on DVDFLICK, but the fact that I want to try something new and see how I like it

Posted 3 years ago

marks100
marks100

you can try a little trick start the process,using a 4.7 gig dvd then pause, the program next to the eject button on the tray is a little hole insert a pin or a strate paper clip then then exchange the 4,7 to 8.5 disk ,start the program. DVDshrink, http://www.dvdshrink.org/

mark.

Posted 3 years ago

AgentFleabag
AgentFleabag

I'll give this a try.
But hey...Marks, or anyone else..
Do you guys know if there's a program I can burn that allows the video to stay at 1280x720?
I own an HD TV so it should work.. :/

Posted 3 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

Try SoThink's DVD Maker, http://www.sothinkmedia.com/movie-dvd-maker/, I liked it so much I bought the Pro version. I had used DVD Flick on my W7 x64 system, but it BSOD'ed on me too many times.

The only thing I don't like about the program is you can't 'combine' videos, if you use menu's, each video is individual, but if you play the DVD it does go onto the next one without stopping.

Irv S.

Posted 3 years ago

AgentFleabag
AgentFleabag

Irv, so this puppy actually makes the videos in the same resolution as I input it?
720p? on a DL DVD?

>> Once I get your response, I'll be sure to download it's trial.

Posted 3 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

I don't have any DL media, but one of the burned settings if for DVD9, the DL media which my DVD writer supports.

The video size and resolution is in the file, the program makes no changes nor conversions for you.

As I recall, the freeware version either put up a message when played back or left an imprint on the start of a video. It didn't bother me, but I went for the paid version anyway. Only problem I've been having with it is it 'thinks' that I'm installing it on a different machine periodically. I think it is when I install and update for my ATI video card which requires me to go back to VGA. Then I install the new video drivers and the next time I run the program, I get e-mail a day or 2 later telling me I've used up 1 of my 3 installs. Contact them and they reset my install count, but never tell me why I'm getting the e-mail? Last time they told me I should run the app as Administrator. Done that, but haven't changed the video driver since. I'll see what happens later I guess? Overall I am impressed with the program.

One other point, it seems it does DO compression. I used to use DVD Flick and Nero 8's video creator Nero Vision. With Nero I could only put 2 hours on a DVD, no more. DVD Flick allowed me to put up to 4 hours, all this on the standard 4.7GB SL DVD. SoThink's program doesn't seem to have a limit, I've put over 7 hours on it as a test. Evident pixelation on all videos. Through testing on a 32" TV I can easily put a little over 6 hours on a DVD, though on the 51" TV it isn't that good, 4 hours is best for that.

The best part for me, it is by far faster than Nero and it does ever BSOD by DVD Flick, other than that, they all seem to produce the same output if kept to 2 hours.

Try the 'free' one, you might like it and it might work for you.

Irv S.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.