The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - DVD to WMV Converter?

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by lancex95
  • Latest reply from lancex95
  • Topic Viewed 800 times

lancex95

I have many many dvds in my house and a 1TB external drive to fill. Is there a program compatible with 64bit Windows 7 that will convert a DVD to a video file (WMV or whatever is best for viewing and streaming (to my ps3 for example) movies on pc)? On a related note, what is a good program to index movies and such? Like make a full list of the movies i have on my drive? I would like to keep an organized list of my movies on my PC for easy knowledge of what i have.

Thanks in advance everybody :D!

PS: Oh and Happy New Year!

Posted 4 years ago

Geo

I could think of a few ways, but they aren't quite... Easy. Do you have any experience with copying DVDs?

On a side note, Blu-Rays usually come packed with a "Digital Copy" for PC use. :@ (Wiki for Digital Copy)

Posted 4 years ago

lancex95

Define not easy? Im not computer illiterate,i actually fix computers for people as a side job. But i have my own problems i cant solve now and then as well. I have copied dvds before but the software i used was obsolete and didnt copy to the PC.

I remember seeing some software that did rip DVDs from the disc and place them in a PC format though but i cant recall the names

Posted 4 years ago

at0mic
at0mic

MyMovies

Posted 4 years ago

ruup

Hi ConvertXto,works well,I have used for ages.It works with Windows 7 64 bit.

http://www.vso-software.fr/pro....._x_to_dvd/

cheers
ruup

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

lancex95

Cheers boys (and/or girls)!

Happy New Year to you all!

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!