The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

DVD RW not working

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Neal
  • Latest reply from Neal
  • Topic Viewed 307 times

Neal

I have dell inspiron 1525 laptop.there is problem with dvd-rw. when I insert cd or dvd then it does not give any response. i try with different cd's, dvd's, blank dvd's. and also try by bootable cd's or dvd's. but result is same in every time. m not sure but i think its lens is weak. its unable to read the disk.is there any solution or any way what should I do?

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

In computer, is the drive seen? Try update driver option in device manager.

Also; Brush the lens with a camera brush or a cotton bud lightly dashed with isopropyl, if this does not work then it is likely the drive has failed

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all....._en-us.pdf This may help you. Looks fairly easy to R&R the drive.

Posted 1 year ago

Neal

yup....mike.drive seen but not the disk.but there occur some processing and show disk icon on the mouse cursor when I insert the disk in dvd-RW.i try with update driver option.its show this message-windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.
now, I will try brush the lens. may be it work.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Try uninstalling the driver also in device manager, reboot your machine.

Windows may 'refresh' that driver (BTW, had a similar prob with USB ports earlier and this was resloved)

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

Neal

I have installed fresh windows on my machine that is windows 8. earlier I was using windows 7.i was facing same problem also on that time. but may be problem with hardware or its lens not with software.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!