The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - dvd burning issues.

(19 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by 825yva
  • Latest reply from 825yva
  • Topic Viewed 293 times

825yva

hi, i have an acer aspire 77441. the laptop has a dvd and cd burner. when i burn a dvd and then try to access files from the dvd that i had burnt there is nothing on it. if i put it in to another laptop or regular computer i can see all my data. is there a cause or should i hask the reson for this. my acer has been doing this the entire time i have had it. it plays dvd's just fine and burns cd's just fine.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Not sure if I understand your question completely but, try this.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....ows-vista/

Posted 1 year ago

825yva

ok i will try that. what im trying to say is that when i burn a dvd and try to view the files on the burnt dvd it comes up as a blank disk, however when i put the dvd in to another computer i can see my files on that dvd that i burnt on my computer.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Okay, then try the link I sent.

Posted 1 year ago

825yva

i have tried the link you had sent. nothing change's.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Does the DVD play in your computer?

Posted 1 year ago

825yva

if i put in a movie dvd it play's. if i have files, pictures, or any thing else on a burnt dvd it shows that the disk is empty only on my system.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

When you say you put a movie DVD in it, is it a burnt DVD?

Posted 1 year ago

825yva

no it is not burnt.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

I am not having any luck finding a users guide or manual for your computer. My guess at this point is that you are using disks not compatible with your system, since they play on other systems. What kind of disks are you using? If you have a users guide check and see the recommended disks to use.

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

Place any dvd/cd with data on the drive. In Windows Explorer, right click on the drive and choose Properties. What does it says?

Posted 1 year ago

825yva

i actually made a mistake on the model number. it is not a 77441, it is an acer aspire 7741. i dont have a user guide for it. i use both dvd rewrite able and i also use the dvd's you can only burn once.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

But, none of them work on your computer when written to, right?

Posted 1 year ago

825yva

correct. they wont work. they work in other computers. this makes it hard to do any system recovery disks.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

I am still not having any luck finding the Recommened DVDs for you to use. Since this problem has been with you the whole time you have had the computer have some patience. Others not online now may have an answer and I will look into it more.

Posted 1 year ago

825yva

ok i will wait. thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

1. Check Device Manager to see if there are any yellow exclamation marks.

2. What burning software are you using ?

3. What file format are you burning the files in ?

4. Are you formatting the re-writable disc first ?

Posted 1 year ago

Santo
Santo

This series laptop does support all DVD formats. If it has not worked from the day one of your purchase, contact Acer to get the drive replaced.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

825yva

thanks for your help every one. i think i will contact acer as santo stated above.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!