The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Dual Boot windows 7 and Fedora 8

(3 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by turtlegeek12
  • Latest reply from turtlegeek12
  • Topic Viewed 1545 times

turtlegeek12

Ok here is my problem. I just got a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad X200 running Windows 7 Home Premium. It doesn't have a CD drive and I wanted to dual boot it with Fedora 8 for school. I loaded a working ISO of Fedora 8 and tested it on other computers and booted from it and it let me install fine, so I know the USB and ISO are working fine. But when I try to boot from the USB on my Thinkpad it asks me to remove media and press any key to restart. I have set the boot priority to boot from the USB first and I have also enabled USB booting in the bios and I already created a 60 GB partition for it to be installed on. I tried searching everywhere for a solution, and tried updating the bios, and looking for a solution on the lenovo website and still no luck. I have done this on 1 other laptop and 1 other computer and had no problems at all. If anyone has any idea's please let me know they are greatly appreciated, thanks.

Posted 5 years ago

abhishek99

For once, you can trust Virtual Machine.
You can buy a new CD/DVD Drive for your Thinkpad.
Try anytoher USB drive..

Posted 5 years ago

turtlegeek12

yeah but i am trying not to use a Virtual Machine especially since sometimes they run pretty slow... and I would need to buy a external CD/DVD Drive which i don't really want to do either.. and I have tried a few different USB. If I can't get it to work then i will probably eventually resort to one of those 2 choices but for now I am determined to figure out what is going on.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.