The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - drivers for windows 7

(4 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by oXo
  • Latest reply from PISCES
  • Topic Viewed 1217 times

oXo

I have just upgraded to Windows 7 and all my previous programs have been completely removed. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR71E.

There was alot of Vaio software that I would like back, I have tried going on the Vaio Support website and downloading some of the programs again but the error message saying "drivers not located" keeps coming up. I cannot find anywhere to download the drivers from.

In short, I think I need to download drivers for lots of things (i.e my built in cam does not work anymore).

Posted 4 years ago

Slembroccoli

When I upgraded from Vista to 7 I had the same problem. I still haven't found my pointpad driver(!).
Have you changed from 32 to 64 bit? The driver compatible with 32 bit may not be compatible with 64 bit (and vice versa).
I had a couple of CD's including drivers included in the package when I bought my computer, have you checked that? (One of mine was just that, built-in-cam)

Hope I helped
Anton S.

Posted 4 years ago

DarkLord

Double check the model no# again and see if one of these Is It. Sony drivers and software for AR710E\-B

I'm just assuming here but the B could stand for black

Model detect

This Is a link to detect your model automatically from Sony also.

Posted 4 years ago

PISCES

Hello oXo,
You can forget any support from SONY reference to Win 7 Drivers. Some of the VAIO Vista drivers do work on Win 7 though. You will have to try through trail and error. The driver for the built in Cam does work on my system. You also might want to download a free program from IOBIT called DriverMax here http://www.iobit.com, it helped through the rough times of going from VAIO Vista 32 bit to Win 7 64 bit. I hope this information is helpful to you.

PISCES

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.