How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

DOUBLE CLICKING ON C: OR D:...

(2 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by PROP69
  • Latest reply from supermansghost
  • Topic Viewed 1602 times

PROP69

HI GUYS, HOPE YOU ALL CAN HELP ME...
WHEN I'M IN "MY COMPUTER" AND I WANT TO ACCESS MY LOCAL DISC C: OR MY LOCAL DISC D: , I DOUBLE CLICK ON EITHER ONE OF THEM, THE "OPEN WITH" WINDOW OPENS UP...
I GOT IT RIGHT BY BROWSING AND USING THE WINDOWS EXPLORE FILE IN C:/WINDOWS, BUT THE CHECK BLOCK FOR "USE THIS FILE TO ALWAYS OPEN USING THIS FILE" IS GREYED OUT, I CANT TICK THE CHECKBOX. I DID FIND A TROJAN HORSE VIRUS YESTERDAY BUT IT WAS DELETED INSTANTLY WITH AVG FREE ANTI VIRUS. I HAVE A SHORTCUT ON MY DESKTOP TO ACCESS MY LOCAL DISC D: BUT IT DOESN'T WORK EITHER. ANOTHER PIECE OF INFO THAT MIGHT HELP ASWELL IS...
WHEN I BOUGHT THIS COMPUTER, I ASKED FOR A 250GIG HD, AFTER INVESTIGATING THE SPACE ON MY HD, I REALISED THAT I ONLY HAVE 180GIG... YESTERDAY I CAME TO A PLACE(DONT KNOW WHERE) WHERE I COULD SEE THE PARTITIONS OF MY COMPUTER, THERE I FOUND 60GIG THAT WAS UNALOCATED, I THEN CREATED ANOTHER LOCAL DISC I: WITH THE SPARE 60GIG. WHEN I DOUBLE CLICK ON IT IN "MY COMPUTER" IT OPENS UP, UNLIKE C: AND D:

PLEASE HELP
THANKS
JAKES

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

You should follow this guide:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....-explorer/

Also, please don't write in all capital letters, makes it very difficult to read.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!