(Solved) - Domain registration , hosting , name servers

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by scorpion99
  • Latest reply from edmenje
  • Topic Viewed 297 times

scorpion99
scorpion99

Hi all,
Can somebody help me with the following?
Consider I bought a domain name from a specific domain registrar X, and I would like to host my website on another hosting site Y for example , should I change the given domain name servers? Can someone explain more about the name servers issues and when to use them and in which cases?
There is also something called CPanel (which should contains domains , subdomains , FTP , emails ......) , where can I found it , on the domain registrar or on the hosting?

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Who ever is your new hosting provider should help you with the domain transfer.

Posted 1 year ago

edmenje
edmenje

Your hosting provider will tell you the nameservers to use. One host I used kept the registrar's nameservers, I just had to change IP address' A record to point to the hosting boxes IP address (info was provided the in their support forums and depending on the hosting company the info may be easier or harder to find), my current hosting provider requires their own nameservers be used. In the case of my current provider I went into cpanel at my registrar and changed the nameservers to the hosting company's ones and removed my old host's IP address A records since the A records were now handled by the hosting company's DNS.

So it depends on what the hosting company requires for you to set up, they may be different from one to the other. I still have registrar and hosting seperate I can still take the name to any hosting company I wish.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!