SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

(Solved) - Does this PSU have all the wires I need?

(52 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Assassin2050
  • Latest reply from Assassin2050
  • Topic Viewed 2823 times

Assassin2050

So out of those 2..whats the Ultimate pair of Ram you would reccomend which has all the atributes I need?

-Auto Timing
-Good specs
-and none of that problem were its not set to what it should be..

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

NO !!!

A Builder MUST setup the Bios according to parts specs.

You MUST READ the MANUALS that ship with the motherboard and all other parts that have one.

If you don't have time to read and learn, then is Best that you purchase a Pre-Built OEM machine.

For your Motherboard, Parts, Budget and Expertize this ram would work best.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/P.....6820145345

Rick P.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

Assassin2050

No i'm obviously going to be 100% careful and study all the manuals and things....

So which one is better out of the 2??

The CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
or
The CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9B

They both need setup from the Bios and Both fit under the Hyper 212 but the 2nd one is basicly stronger and faster judging from the specs...And both need to be set up to original speeds.like the 1600 I read on the reviews that originally is 1330 or something..notsure and the 1866 is 1600, so both require to add more Clock speed. but eventaully the second one is better. Correct my if im wrong :)

Alex~

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

Link above your post.

Posted 2 years ago

Assassin2050

Oh wow im blind....haha So for me your saying the best would be the --CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

...So its fast good simple nice and good price, and it still requires proper set up in the bios to get expected results.. Thanks!

Over all so far, for the power supply I really liked that modular one, but my budget was sortof stopping it, the other 750w you gave me is good too, I chose that one...And ram, Good fitting, good pricing, speed, clock and best for my Mobo..

What else can I say I guess its all good? xP Thanks for all the help Rick ( I might continue some other minor questions and concerns in this thread)

~Alex.D

Posted 2 years ago

Assassin2050

Wow im not feeling so good again! LOL check out reviews on the Ram u most reccomended to me, here are what some said:

" Cons: Says I'm overclocking if I set the thingy to 1600 instead of 1333... "

or

"Might be a little too tall for some cpu coolers. Make sure you pick your ram wisely before doing any impulse ricing."

and

"Not many. depending on your CPU heatsink, the tall ram heatsinks sometimes might get in the way.""

But you even put a pic up that it will fit. So then...Im being very extra cautions of anything I see ..Those comments got me cautious again lol

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

The CONS are usually from first time Builders that didn't bother to plan ahead and research their Build.

I think you have and will enjoy your Build.

Maybe when times get better and have more money, we can Build one of the $3000 Rigs together. (LOL) :) :)

Rick P. :)

Posted 2 years ago

Assassin2050

XD Lol :) yep. (I still feel 1% tinty tiny not comfortable with those Comments about the fact that its big and might get in the way O_O Dont know why its bugging me so bad ;o)

Posted 2 years ago

Assassin2050

Ok. Set. Everything works out, now I just need a little help with the GPU maybe....and some case air flow help ;D

Posted 2 years ago

Assassin2050

Hello... o.o...il proobably start a new post on some other things like the GPU size and some airflow setup and stuff..not much left I've planned ahead so much :) Thanks once again.

Posted 2 years ago

Assassin2050

Oops!~~~ Sorry I accidently pressed report :(

Posted 2 years ago

Assassin2050

Explain this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nld03Y_RvBU

:) :) :)

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.