SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

does anyone else have right click problems within 7?

(10 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by baldeguy56
  • Latest reply from baldeguy56
  • Topic Viewed 613 times

baldeguy56

I've gotten into the habit of right clicking to open a new window, but have noticed lately 7 doesn't respond to a right click (IE8 and FF). Kind of annoying, though. thank for any pointers...Garry

Posted 4 years ago

lilyprincess

Yes...I bought a brand new laptop and I am having this problem right out of the box, no third-party applications installed (other than MS software pre-installed) and nobody seems to have an answer! Tried for a week now, all I get is the runaround and no tech support places have heard of the problem. It's so random and happens when no other programs are even open!

Posted 4 years ago

baldeguy56

Mine is a pc, but didn't always have this issue )mostly an issue in browsers). But am getting the run-around as you with a solution. ..Garry
#NOTE: This may not help me but it may for you... http://social.technet.microsof.....a283e6fd01

Posted 4 years ago

ian2

right clicking on a link gives you the new window option.Right-clicking just on the page does not seem to.
the keyboard shortcut Ctrl N opens a new window.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue

i agree, only clicking on a link or on the new tab option will give you a new tab/window.
no problem with win7 at all.
can you be more specific please.

Posted 4 years ago

HPTouchsmart

Right click gives you a context menu, you have to use double click the left mouse button to open a link.

Posted 4 years ago

baldeguy56

Thanks everyone. Sorry to have taken so long to reply. I am right clicking on the link as I have for years now( hate the tab thing), but just recently (3wks.) when I right click on a link nothing happens. As if I didn't click at all. Have changed mouse from USB to ps2 and wireless. Does'nt affect Vista only 7. Not so much a problem as an annoyance. Thanks again...Garry

Posted 4 years ago

LH

So you right click on a link, and no context menu comes up ?

Posted 4 years ago

HPTouchsmart

I wonder if it is the browser. I am using Google Chrome, and when i right click a link, such as after searching google, a menu pops up

Posted 4 years ago

baldeguy56

When I right click I do get the context menu, but after left clicking "Open in new window" it's as if I didn't left click to make that choice. I use IE8 and FF, with Safari as a backup. Haven't changed anything I can think of. Haven't tried uninstalling the browsers, because I don't think it would happen with both IE and FF. Really weird annoyance...Garry

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.