SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Do you want this document to be your new home page?

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by rushunter
  • Latest reply from rushunter
  • Topic Viewed 574 times

rushunter

Time and again I have a box titled "Set Home Page" pop up when I want to return to my home page and in the box is this message, "Do you want this document to be your new home page?" Is there any way I can stop getting this box??? I am using SeaMonkey as my browser. Thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

Santo
Santo

This should be the feature of the website that you have set as "Homepage" in your browser. Try to change that site and check if you get the same pop up.
You may also check your current home page site in a different browser like IE or Firefox to see if it gives the same pop up window.

Posted 1 year ago

rushunter

This box appears on web sites that I visit; not on my home page. It shows up whenever I want to return to my home page and I click on the "Home" icon to to go there. It seems that the box wants me to make the page I'm leaving my new home page and it is very annoying.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Obviously, a feature of SeaMonkey, since it does not happen, at least for me, in IE9, Firefox, or Chrome which I use. It could also be a feature of your Antivirus/Malware programs. If you have access to another browser see if it happens there, if not then search SeaMonkey's options. You shouls be able to try it in IE.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

May also be a feature of the site you visit(ed).

Posted 1 year ago

BobJam
BobJam

@rushunter,

Sounds maybe like something is trying to hijack your homepage . . . if it's not a SeaMonkey setting, which is a good possibility anyway.

If it's NOT SeaMonkey, have you run a virus scan lately? Cleared your browser cache, deleted temp files. etc?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Well, I just cranked up a computer that has SeaMonkey on it. Updated it. This does not happen on my version of SeaMonkey (2.12.1).

I would recommend that you try SeaMonkey (Safe Mode) which you will find in Start-> All Programs -> SeaMonkey folder. This will run without and add-ons and will tell you if one of your add-ons may be causing the problem.

In addition to the virus check recommended above run Malwarebytes and SuperantiSpyware deleting all they find.

Posted 1 year ago

rushunter

I've had this problem with SeaMonkey 2-0.11, .12, .13 and .14

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!