SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Do we need an age restricted Off Topic forum?

(80 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by jd2066
  • Latest reply from xenomex
  • Topic Viewed 8173 times

Scott
Scott

Don't worry. There have not been age restrictions, nor will there be any. The topic came up because, well, um, er.... the best analogy I can give is that our OT forum is in it's adolescence. There will be growing pains and lessons learned.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

Edit by mod
That was a no no jack (not too serious don't worry. (Be happy)) :)

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Dear xenomex, I'm glad you feel comfortable with this site. You should. I too disagree with age restrictions; however, there are disrespectful people out there who feel no sense of responsibility to any community. Action must be taken against those individuals, not you the teenager or me the granny. A word of advise: Never write or post anything on the internet you wouldn't want your grandmother to see or hear. You just don't know who is watching or how it can come back to haunt you.

I look forward to you maybe helping me with my computer woes in the future!

(If The Geek is watching, I haven't received a daily email in a few days. I really look forward to them and learn a lot. Is the email thing on my end?)

Posted 6 years ago

xenomex
xenomex

@techgranny,
so..are you ACTUALLY a grandmother?

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Yeah i was wondering that too!

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

wait what did i say that was bad. if it was something that came out wrong i am sorry but i didn't mean anything by it.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I didn't think you meant what you wrote to mean what it did. But I couldn't leave it there. It was a bit rude :)

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

ok thats fine i was just confussed that it got deleted and i couldn't remember what i said and i didn't think that i wrote anything that would ofend anybody but thanks for watching my back though :)

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

No probs my son

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

xenomex, IMAGINE THAT young grasshopper!

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Xenomex I'd take that as a no
or a yes
or a no

techgranny's a little ambiguos
maybe she's embarrassed off her age....

Posted 6 years ago

xenomex
xenomex

I was just wondering if she is or not, i just thought it was quite unusual for a grandmother to be using PC-Tech forums, although both my mum and my grandmother use forums, but she really does sound like she has grandchildren.

But...that could be just a funny Tech-name? you never know.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

yes but now think of whs he seems to be in that range too and he is the main poster on here.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

when he is actually here!
i bet hes on holiday somewhere nice - hes been off for AAAAAAAAAGES!

lotsa catching up to do :D

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

no actually if you look in the forum statistics he is in second but he just got passed up by lighthouse though.

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/view/statistics

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Good Morning All!

Aleeve, I'm not at all embarrassed of my age. It's just that I come from generations of a culture where a lady never reveals her age. It is considered undignified. Ambiguous by design I suppose:)

xenomex, I am old enough to be your grandmother! It might be unusual for a grandmother to use a PC-tech forum but this granny is a stubborn old broad. I like to figure things out for myself. Also, I suffer from an acute case of "geek envy" (where better for me than here?) I often wonder what I could have done had I been born with all this technology.

As far as my username, I thought techgranny was an obvious oxymoron.

jack, whs is older than me, but we are in the same familiar ballpark. How long can he be gone before we start to worry about him?

You all have great days!

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

:D I love you techgranny, ur cool

:P

EDIT: what the hell was that about XD

Posted 6 years ago

xenomex
xenomex

My grandmother is 57...

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

xenomex, it is the priviledge of young people to question everything. That's the only way you will learn how the world works. But you have to realize that there was a world bx (before xenomex). I, for example, have written programs on a Zuse11 nearly 50 years before you were born - and that was no walk in the park because there were very few people and documents for information. Age is a matter of how the bones function - not the brain.
Here is some info from the "old days" for you to study: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konrad_Zuse

Posted 6 years ago

xenomex
xenomex

@Whs.
Thanks for the information, i didn;t think it was the bones only.
and Konrad Zuse is a true genius....

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!