SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Do these specs look good for a new custom gaming computer?

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by stools
  • Latest reply from Fhirkin9
  • Topic Viewed 613 times

stools

MotherBoard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
RAM: Patriot G2 Series 8GB (DDR3 1600 Mhz)*how many should i get if i get these?*
Video Card: EVGA GTX 560 Ti 1GB
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case:Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid-Tower *i need to buy cooling fans seperate correct?*
Power Supply: Thermaltake TR-600 TR2 600W

Posted 1 year ago

stools

also just wondering is there anything cheaper that give the same/close to the same bang for the buck

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

Unless you know for sure that those RAM modules will work, I would not get the 8 GB size....Looks like there are 2 diff Patriot 4 GB modules on the QVL.

Gigabyte MOBO memory QVL

Also, SSDs are on sale these days, they are quite fast.

The HAF912 lists at least 3 optional fans, so I believe you should by coolermaster fans to make sure they fit. It is very had to tell which fans (if any) are included with that case.

Posted 1 year ago

stools

thanks for the quick reply ill look into that

Posted 1 year ago

stools

will i need all three right away or would you reccommend buying them as i see fit starting with one

Posted 1 year ago

stools

bump

Posted 1 year ago

Thrice4All

Well if you find that your motherboard is not satisfactory or if you just want a better functioning one, the website listed as my website helped me find a ton of very up to date motherboards.

edit by mod- as stated below, no shameless self-promotion without express written consent from major league baseball.

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

You should get 4 modules of 4 GB each, putting you out at 16 out of 32 GB max. Unless you can afford to get 8 GB chips from another manufacturer on list...then you could max it out and never need to worry about upgrades. May be overkill if you try to max it out, in some people's eyes.

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

Fanwise, I would opt for the larger fan at first, and see if you need the other optional fans later, depends on the heat generated "stock" and also if you intend to overclock.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.