SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - DNS problem with a wireless network.

(4 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by chad3822
  • Latest reply from chad3822
  • Topic Viewed 608 times

chad3822

Ive had this computer that is running Windows 7 and its been fine connecting to the internet. but today it started to really slow down..now I cant connect at all!
says that it cant connect to the DNS server...i have tried the whole command prompt flushdns deal.. still not working.. i also have changed the DNS settings to 208.67.222.222 and 220.220 The router is a netgear wireless modem...but It is working fine.. as I am posting this from my other computer on the same network.. except this laptop is running on vista Plz help

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

chad3822,
---
Assume you are using opendns from IP lookup.
---
208.67.222.222 will NOT get you in so forget that.
---
http://www.opendns.com/
---
It sounds like something is wrong with the Win7 Machine as the Router and other machine you say connect ok.
---
Since you don't give much info concerning the Win7 machine, suggest you do a Clean Install, Re-configure and try to connect.
---
This may be the issue http://www.opendns.com/about/announcements/156/
---
If NO-JOY with that, then you have a Hardware Failure in the Win7 Machine.
---
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

ADDED:
---
There are 16 domains hosted on their block address(es).
---
I would also suggest you call +1-415-344-3139 to insure you have correct configuration for their security setup.
---
Am not familiar with this company but they subnet some large organizations from what I can tell.
---
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 4 years ago

chad3822

hey everyone... im sorry it took so long to respond to this post..I had to go out of town for business. Basically I figured out the problem, Utorrent was bogging down the connection

Thanks everyone!

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!