The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Display Adapter Error code 43 . 8800GTS win 7 64bit

(2 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by NateD0GG
  • Latest reply from mickeyblue
  • Topic Viewed 2519 times

NateD0GG

Im seeking help in regards to a problem with my Gfx card. when i start up my pc the Mainboard screen has a series of vertical lines and when i enter bios there are "odd characters". i seem to be able to get into Windows 7 normally apart from the blue (dotted lines in 1650x1050 res)still being faint on the screen, i can watch movies but however it wont play games. Ive looked into it through device manager and its displayed with Code 43. my Pc is not connected to the internet but i still have access to downloads from another computer where i have downloaded Nvidia 196.21drivers for 8800GTS /win7 64bit and tried installing them with no luck. I am not truly satisfied that the Gfx card is dead with my Screen resolution being so high/ gpu fan still runs.This Problem only occurred after trying to install a 'Cards' Game with no major stress this leading me to believe that this install has corrupted driver or system files somehow, the only other time Ive had a Graphics crash was while trying to play Mass Effect a day before.. are these signs of a dying gfx card? or do i still have hope in restoring a correct driver etc? Maybe a conflicting programs been installed like openGL ?

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue

HI, welcome to HTG.
firstly i recommend completely uninstalling and video card drivers, make sure there are no files left after uninstalling, then reboot, install latest drivers (196.21 is the latest) so you already have those. reboot after installation.
if problem persists, do you have another video card? can you borrow one from a friend?
If you can get hold of another card, install it, and update drivers to the corresponding card, and see if it makes any difference.
what was the "card" game you tried to install?

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.