The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

Discussion about Minitool Partition Wizard

(10 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Howto2012
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 1988 times

Howto2012

have you ever used this software before? what are the pros and cons? if you need a partition tool, will you use this one or something else.

Posted 2 years ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

I have used the Windows version and the bootable version. I highly recommend this program. It works very well!

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

The FREE Version does NOT support these functions, HOWEVER the PAID Version does.

Merge Partition

Support Windows Dynamic Disk

Convert dynamic disk to basic without data loss

Change cluster size without data loss

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

youknowita
youknowita

highly recommend. and minitool data recovery software is also very professional. XD.Aanyone needs do data recovery, it is the first choice. :)

Posted 2 years ago

Howto2012

I have to pay.

Posted 2 years ago

whs
whs

I use PW all the time. It is very handy in cases where Disk Management has it's limits (e.g. with partition shrinking). You are, however, well advised to always make images of ALL partitions on a disk where you do partition manipulations.

I once lost a whole disk with 4 partitions full of data because I had made a small mistake with PW (and I thought I was an experienced user of the program). Fortunately I had all my images and could easily rebuild the disk. Such an incident may not happen very often. But when it happens it can be devastating if you are not prepared.

PS: "Support Windows Dynamic Disk" - Rick, they took that out of the freebee after release 4.2.2. But you can download the 4.2.2 ISO from here (pw422): https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=b0a22789320e3247&sc=documents&id=B0A22789320E3247%21215

Posted 2 years ago

ljmichael
ljmichael

Through search GOOGLE you could find most partition software are the same, the same main console,the same functions and the same operation, I used Partition Assistant Home Edition which is free and intergrates most useful function, I think it is similar with Partition Wizard on managing hard disk.
Their offical website (maybe) is : http://www.extend-partition.co.....nager.html

Thanks "raphoenix" provided me the link

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I use DM whenever possible, if not, then I use PW. Tis good.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@whs

Thanks !!!!
I'll put your PW 4.2.2 download up on Best of Breed Sticky.
Support for GPT Function is important on some HD controllers. :) ;)

@ljmichael,

Glad to be of help. :) ;)

@LH,

I just use Diskpart and be done with issue as I don't have need for more than one partition per hard drive. :) ;)

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

whs
whs

No problem Rick. The skydrive link is a private link of a friend. i hope he keeps it running. Maybe we should upload it to a backup site.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.