The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Disable user picture @ login

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by RonBurgundy
  • Latest reply from supermansghost
  • Topic Viewed 1572 times

RonBurgundy

Is there a way to remove the picture box that accompanies the user/password boxes on the startup screen? I think XP had a way to turn this on and off. To where it was a little more 'professional' without the picture. I just can't seem to figure out where it is. Thanks for any help you can give me.

P.S. This is a great site. The Vista tips and tricks is what drew me here. Glad I found it.

Posted 6 years ago

RonBurgundy

Ok..as I was posting this I found out that it is actually called the Welcome Screen. According to the Help documents it cannot be turned off in Vista. Is there perhaps a hack or something that will do this. Either way, it doesn't sound good.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

RonBurgundy,

Until you find a hack to remove the pic completely, you can change it to any one you like by going to Control Panel > User Accounts > Change Your Picture

Maybe one of Will Farrell? http://www.big13.net/Achorman%.....gandy.jpeg

Posted 6 years ago

RonBurgundy

Hey, thanks for the pic Scott. Didn't have a big one like that.

Anyway, for some reason the picture I use doesnt show up for login. I just have a plain white box. Don't know if it matters but I have it on my work pc that uses a domain. I am the only user besides the Admin and the local account for myself. Don't know why that is.

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

Is your computer logging into a domain? I'm wondering if your administrator has enabled roaming profiles or something that is causing that.

Also, if you lock your workstation screen, does it show the picture?

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!