The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

directX problem

(7 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by besidog
  • Latest reply from besidog
  • Topic Viewed 2025 times

besidog

Hi i am having a problem getting my Radeon 9800 pro to work properly,after removeing the drivers for a 9200 and installing the latest drivers for the 9800 from the ATI website,( i also have directX 9.0c installed)all seemed to be well untill i ran dxdiag and noticed although it was showing all of the info of the 9800 in the display tab none of the direct3D acceleration functions were there and showing "unavailable" any help or advice would be appreciated.

Posted 7 years ago

Scott

Not sure if this will help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/191660

Posted 7 years ago

besidog

Ah thank you, looks interesting........... let you know how i get on.

Posted 7 years ago

besidog

Well i have tried everything and it still will not work........ i am begining to wonder if the card is faulty..... although it seems to showing up fine in "dxdiag" ie memory,bus speed etc.
the only thing i can think is that my motherboard is not up to the card spec ...

cheers.

ECS k7s5a
1900 athlon
1gb 266 ddr
120g hd
XP pro sp2
direcX 9.0c
radeon 9200

Posted 7 years ago

Teufel

Check this;

URL: http://forum.driverpacks.net/v.....p?pid=3696

The article is a bit techie, but hope you get the gist of it ... :-)

Posted 7 years ago

besidog

Great,thanks for the info ........ just had a quick play,managed to do my laptop !!!! sony vaio with ATI graphics,and it still works,a bonus :))))

I will have another go at my sons desktop later as he is deep into a game at the mo.

looking at the link it seems to be a problem with the "unmodified" ATI drivers....... fingers crossed,hopefully this should do the trick,if not i will give up and put the card on e-bay........

Posted 7 years ago

besidog

Just a line to say thanks for the input,but after many hrs of trawling the net and trying everything i have now given up and put the card on e-bay.

I would think twice about buying another radeon card........ or are all graphics cards a pain in the ***

thanks again.

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.