(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by thunderstorm29
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 480 times

thunderstorm29

Hello guys,

Howtogeek has helped be earlier, im sure, it will help me this time too,

In windows 7,
the problem is, i put my comp to Hibernate mode, when i switch it on back, it directly doesnt display desktop, instead it displays a 'login' kind of screen, though i havent set any password, i just need to click on the UserAccount Name to logon to desktop, how can i switch off this logon screen and directly display desktop after hibernate?

Actually, the main reason y i need this feature is becasue, im using BSNL internet which provided unlimited internet from midnight 2:00 AM to morning 8:00 AM, i cant get up at 2:00 AM to download required stuffs, so i created a task in Scheduled task, and checked 'Wake up computer to perform this task', and put my comp to hibernate, my comp wakes up alright, but when it is stuck up at that login screen(though no password is set), the 'downloads' task which i have put for downloading do not start until i logon to desktop, hence i just want to schedule my system to switch on and directly download, please gimme an alternative for this, or for the login screen, thank you, JAI HOWTOGEEK!

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Go to power options and choose your power option Change Plan Settings. Then click on Change advanced Power settings. The first item is require password on wake up. If the ability to change from Yes to no is grayed out then click on the line "Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable" above that. That will allow you to set it to No. Be sure to click apply at all levels on the way out where necessary.

That being said. I do not recommend Hibernate unless it is a laptop on battery. You can save almost as much power by simply setting the monitor to turn off. Then there will be less problems with trying to run things and recover from Hibernate and sleep. Those options are turned off on all my computers.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

thunderstorm29

Thank you very mush, u made my day, downloading data at full speed, HOWTOGEEK does it once again :)

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Glad to help.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.