The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

DIGITAL FRAME FOR CHRISTMAS ...

(2 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by KAZ14
  • Latest reply from bobro
  • Topic Viewed 1238 times

KAZ14

I am planning to give my mother a digital frame for Christmas.
My aim is to hang it on her lounge wall as a photo frame and have all her photos displayed every 10 seconds interval.
I already have all her photos with me as I told her I would scan them and put them in a DVD for her to watch on TV, but I plan to give her a surprise.
I am now looking for the "biggest" digital frame I can find, I saw a 22" but it costs $999, and I can't afford that.
I want the digital frame to have a USB port so I can connect an external hard drive (2T) as there are hundreds of photos for display.
Also, I want it to operate by power, and display in colour.
As an option (due to the price), I was thinking of getting a large digital notebook and do the same thing, but I am not very familiar with digital notebooks.
Can anyone suggest which is the best way to go about this? Or is there a place where I can buy a digital frame at a reasonable price?

Posted 2 years ago

bobro
bobro

i have looked at digital frames in the past and found them to be very expencive fot the sizes they are will the ability they have... I never found bigger than a 19" so your already betther than me, but for that price you could buy a 32" TV stick a picture frame on it, get a lil cheap PC and a huge HDD and hook it up so it can be used as a picture frame, and it could also be used to browse web, watch movies and everything a PC can do... lol...

I am doing this with a spare TFT i have but as well as showing pics it will be recording images from a webcam that will be hung outside too...

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!