How-To Geek Forums / Linux

Different Booting System

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by DLZ
  • Latest reply from DLZ
  • Topic Viewed 1590 times

DLZ
DLZ

Do Any of you Guys Know anything about this Booting System Called Ubuntu ? This guy i met Told Me it's like Windows Just better Than it . is this True ?

Posted 6 years ago

taybay
taybay

Ubuntu is a version of Linux, if you've heard of that. Linux is a free and open source operating system. It's more complex than windows, but the latest versions of Ubuntu have made it more user-friendly. Whether it's better than Windows or not is a matter of preference and opinion. If you'd like to try it without installing it, you can make a Live CD which will run the system right off of the CD when you boot. Here is how you do that:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

DLZ, if I were you, I would not touch it. You are still on a steep learning curve with Vista. I would not burn the candle on both ends. But then again, it is the priveledge of young people like you to experiment. Taybay's suggestion sounds good - just for the fun of it.

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I second taybay's suggestion of the LiveCD.

Posted 6 years ago

DLZ
DLZ

My mom's Friend came over one day and her Brother Showed me it ( he installed it on his USB stick and Booted it up so i could see how it is ... i thought that it was VERY different from Windows ( how it looks ) i didn't really get to use it just got a little peek at it. but as Whs said im Staying With Windows untill i Learn How to use it Properly then i might try it out .( sorry that it took a While to post i didn't Know where The Topic went :p )

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.