I did not know!
Very interesting thank you

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@whs,

A wonderful but scary post.

Knowing these facts, the real question is:

Can Human Social Change keep pace with Technological Change ??

Kindest Regards,
Rick P.♦ :)

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Rick, I think in Europe we have a good chance to deal with the change because of the social structure of our society. In the US major changes have to happen. We just saw that an all free market can lead to disaster and that the goverments must implement rules - but that is somewhat against the grain of the American people. But at the end they will be the ones that suffer the most. Even China now realizes that uncontrolled growth needs to be channeled. Lets hope the world goverments can get together and agree on global guidelines that will result in local laws.

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

The information in the video is fascinating, but I don't see it as scary. Karl Fisch and company are educational technologists trying to bring awareness to the need for better education. That's a good service, but I would not accuse them of fear mongering. Mr. Fisch has a blog here:
http://thefischbowl.blogspot.com/

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

The word scary in my post is probably (not) the correct word.
As per (whs), if we in the US cannot change socially, the word (foreboding) might be more appropriate.
Kindest Regards,
Rick P.♦ :)

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Fancy, fancy - the word "foreboding" I had to look up in my on-line dictionary. Which reminds me - this is a very handy tool for spell checking (in IE). All you need to do is highlight the word > right click > spell check. Further options are "lookup in Wikipedia" and "lookup in Meriam Webster" plus there are a set of options.

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

You get similar stuff as an accelerator on IE8 beta

or auto spell checking on Google Chrome!

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!