How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Desktop themes down on Windows 7

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by omgu8mynewt
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 525 times

omgu8mynewt

Hi,

I have a 6 month old samsung laptop, at the moments the personalisation themes is unable to select any 'aero' themes (they are greyed out), it is stuck in classic windows look. It was working fine yesterday. It has done it before and mysteriously fixed itself, but I don't understand why. I didn't install or change anything before it happened either time.

I have tried restarting the computer and restarting windows desktop manager and making sure the performance options is set to 'for best appearance'. Using these instructions: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....-it-again/

Many thanks

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

omgu8mynewt hi. Make sure that Themes is set to Started, and Automatic, in Services.

Posted 1 year ago

omgu8mynewt

Update: I shut down laptop and now I've turned it back on aero themes are working fine and are selectable whereas before they weren't. If anyine has any ideas why it keeps breaking then fixing I'd be very grateful.

Hi Lighthouse, now aero themes are working I checked themes in services and they are set as you say, annoying I can't check how they were set when it wasn't working. Thanks anyway

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Good to hear :)

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!