SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Designing an e-shot, then applying design as 'background' in Outlook (2009)

(2 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by mhtruflo
  • Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 1440 times

mhtruflo

Hi, hope somebody can help me!

I'm sending out an Xmas e-shot and it's the first time we've tried to do a smart looking design. The design has been created in Adobe Illustrator, as well as Acrobat to add some links in. However, when I come to apply that as a stationary in Outlook - now known in new version as a 'template' - I can't seem to do it. Very frustrating, so hope somebody can help.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted 4 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Hi Mark,

I do not fully understand what you want to do.
You want to create a preformatted eml message that you can send to everyone as a Xmas greeting?
And you have created a webpage with images and links in Adobe?

I'd open the webpage you have created and choose 'send as email' and then it will be added to an eml message and you can add all the recipients you like, or save the eml on your desktop (or whereever you like) so you can reuse it.

For more info on how to create a preformatted emailmessage have a look at the site from
Carol Oyl
and here. Use the menu on the left to browse to Outlook Stationary.
These are old tutorials but most things mentioned still apply.

And a general rule of thumb: in email you can use a lot less scripts than in websites. So if you have added scripts, things may not turn out as you had meant them to be.

Succes and if you run into troubles, just post back and I'll try and help you :)

Cheers,
Sarah.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!