The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Dell WAN and Bluetooth

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by tsmith777
  • Latest reply from ispalten
  • Topic Viewed 346 times

tsmith777

I am cleaning up my hard drive and removing programs that I don't want or use. I do not use Bluetooth for anything. Can this program be removed or will it cause problems with my wireless setup? Thanks

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Have a look HERE and see if it can be of help. Remember if you use Wireless keyboards/mice they may no longer be recognized.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Okay, I'll leave it alone, I do use a wireless mouse. Thanks

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Wireless mice do not usually use Bluetooth.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

@ Lighthouse,

Very true, just wanted OP to stop from possibly making a mistake and deleting something he may find he needs later on hence the BV link :)

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

He could disable it in BIOS and in Services. See if his mouse still works.

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

@LH, not so. My Logitech MX5500 mouse/Keyboard combo IS Bluetooth. Yes, there is also a Logitech MX5500 Mouse that I also have that is NOT Bluetooth. Both products are Wireless, and the USB dongle for both look the same. The mice even APPEAR to be the same by looks and charger. Software is even the same, but one is wireless 'normal' and the other 'wireless' Bluetooth. Real difference in the s/w (which as I said is the same), on the one with Bluetooth there is another sidetab for Bluetooth on the Tools tab in the s/w.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

Or he could leave it, no harm done... other than some disk space taken...

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Thanks Irv. Just saved me a search for BT mice :)

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

What would be the good purpose of removing it? I think some folks think that removing things not being used will speed things up. That is simply not true. There is good logic in the old adage and my #1 rule, "If it ain't broke , don't fix it".

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

XHI, I subscribe to the same 'theory'. I even left the 1394 stuff I have NEVER used. Only time I'd consider 'looking' for non-used stuff is if I had a space constraint. I'll even leave 'crapware' on my system, as I also subscribe to the theory 'if I do not know why or HOW it was installed, LEAVE IT BE'. <VBG>

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!