The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

dell inspirion 1545 network controller code 1

(36 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by daisymarie
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 1957 times

daisymarie

Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Driver Software is installed

Posted 1 year ago

daisymarie

downloaded wlan mini card but not showing in my device manager why?

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

Make sure your wlan is turned ON. To turn it ON, use the F2 (or Fn+F2) keys.

Posted 1 year ago

daisymarie

pressed f2 button nothing happens but im not showing the wlan mini card in my device manager

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

Does the laptop have a wlan indicator? Something that changes led light color, normally blue when turned ON?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Is it enabled in the BIOS ?
Is it enabled in Services ?

Posted 1 year ago

daisymarie

Laptop has wlan indicator but its not lit up at all and yes its usually blue when turned on. How would I enable in bios or services?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

As soon as you boot up the machine, start tapping the F2 key very rapidly. That gets you into BIOS.
For Services, type services.msc into Start search (or a run box). WLAN is down near the bottom of the list.

Posted 1 year ago

daisymarie

WLAN service status is now started lets hope this works. Why tho when I hit apply its taking forever any ideas?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Best to set it to Automatic, and then reboot the laptop.

Posted 1 year ago

daisymarie

no change when I go to connect to internet it says no wireless network adapter installed but idownloaded 1 but its not showing up. network controller still yellow symbol . device status (code 1) not configured properly, no driver selected for this device

Posted 1 year ago

daisymarie

its very discouraging Im almost at point of giving up this is terrible I never give up :(

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

daisymarie ,

I think you are at the point of having to take it to a repair shop, the reason being it's very hard to know what's going on without seeing what's happening each time.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Uninstall the driver in Device Manager, and then reboot the laptop. What shows in DM then ?

Posted 1 year ago

daisymarie

which driver? when I uninstall network controller theres no more yellow marks but when I reboot it trys to install the network installer but it can not find files and I don't have disc:(

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Go to the Dell support site. Enter your Service Tag. You will find the drivers there.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!