The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Dell DataSafe

(17 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by tsmith777
  • Latest reply from tsmith777
  • Topic Viewed 344 times

tsmith777

Running a Dell 8500 and did the factory installed Dell Data Safe back up when I first got the computer now that program apparently starts on start up of the computer, the icon is in the task bar. I tried to disable it from the start up using ms config and Ccleaner tools but it is not listed on either one of these. How can I disable this from starting? Thanks

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

http://www.sevenforums.com/gen.....artup.html I don't have a Dell to try this on so it is at your own risk. Make sure you have a restore point or backup to fall back on. Try the post by jumanji.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

I don't see the post by jumanji?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

It's the third one in the link Warlock provided.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

I renamed the file ToasterLauncher.bup as stated in the link and that did not work, I am wondering if I should just delete it and would that cause any problems? I have already done the back up to 3 DVD's

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

I was going to post this too but, was hoping the first link would work.

http://en.community.dell.com/o.....62823.aspx

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

So I guess I should uninstall it, correct?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

You have backups and your not going to use it, and it bothers you, go for it.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Oakey Dokey. Thanks for your help.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Let us know the outcome.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

I uninstalled Dell DataSafe and the start up icon is gone, and everything seems to be okay. warlock, thanks for your help in such a minor problem.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Glad it worked out. Bothered others too or would not have been links to get rid of it.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

It seems weird that a major manufacturer would install a program and not allow it to be manipulated by the owners to start or not to start depending on the owners desires.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

That is part of the bundled crap you get when you buy an off the shelf computer.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....-computer/ This can help get rid of it.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Warlock, I read the info in your link and installed the PC Decrapifier, it installed an icon on my desktop, however, when I clicked on the icon and clicked run, nothing happens. It does not run?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Didn't suggest you install it. It was for information from your post above about the stuff being put on computers that you don't want. It still should have worked though. Did you install the proper files for your computer. And, since yours was working go to sytem restore and restore back to a point before you installed Decrapifier.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Okay

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!