The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Dell /blu ray/ skips

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by jsn77
  • Latest reply from InterPC
  • Topic Viewed 729 times

jsn77

hi, i have a dell inspiron 537S, Had blu ray installed from factory, has not worked since day one, will load and play but skips thru out movie(on every blu ray i have tried) been online with many a tech and they are no help had tech come out no help.... Has 3gb of ram, running off of integrated video card on motherboard. Intel Core 2 duo. hooked up to Samsung HD monitor. Any help on this matter would be appreciated Thanks Jason

Posted 4 years ago

jsn77

also using windows 7 and monitor connected thru vga port Please help

Posted 4 years ago

GKI610
GKI610

Is it out of warranty? If so, what is the service tag number? Perhaps Dell has updated software & drivers. With that number, you can go to Downloads & Drivers on their website, enter the tag #, and look for new software & drivers dated later than your build date.

Posted 4 years ago

jsn77

everyting is up to date, funny cause it will play older dvd's alright but you put in a blu ray or new dvd and skips like crazy

Posted 4 years ago

GKI610
GKI610

Sounds like defective hardware: DVD drive. Did factory install the drive; is it in warranty?

Posted 4 years ago

jsn77

yes it is under warranty, sent me new drive still skipped, reinstalled software, tech came out replaced drive again and still skipped

Posted 4 years ago

GKI610
GKI610

If the drive has a blu-ray symbol on it, then it likely is a software issue. Did it skip for the tech? Did he leave it that way?

Posted 4 years ago

InterPC
InterPC

Try reinstalling your media/DVD player or try using a different media/DVD player and see if the problem still occurs.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!