The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Deleting vertical selection of text in WORD - Research Pane no more!

(1 post)
  • Started 3 years ago by nogeekie
  • Topic Viewed 608 times


Recommended: Clean Your Mac the Easy Way with CleanMyMac 3

If you want to clean up your Mac the easy way, CleanMyMac is a great tool to get the job done easily, and it will even keep your computer clean automatically.

Unlike the competition, it also includes great tools like a Clean Uninstaller, to get rid of applications and clean up the junk that they leave behind. All with the click of a button.

Download CleanMyMac 3 for Free Today

Posted yesterday 
Posts: 1

Hi, an old posting about how to select text in a vertical 'strip' in WORD had a lot of folks aggravated because that darn research pane kept appearing - and you had to jump through hoops and turn off the thing via 'remove programs' routine...which many of us can't do at work, yadda yadda.

2 tips: if you want to manipulate a vertical strip of text, hold down ALT while doing the selection with your mouse BUT you can't use right click/cut. Instead, hit the DELETE key OR use keyboard commands (CTL X or CTL C or CTL V.....
and 2:
Do the action in THIS order: Hold down ALT, Left click and select (keep holding), Let up on ALT, Let up on mouse button.
Then the keyboard commands.
I hope this works for you as it has for me. Verrry nice when you want to edit a list!

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.