The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

(Solved) - Deleting entire contact lists in Outlook 2010

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by dah
  • Latest reply from dah
  • Topic Viewed 2389 times

dah

I am running a PC with Windows & Premium. I have Outlook 2010 installed. I use 3 e-mail addresses, and Outlook wants to establish 1 or 2 contact lists for each account. I want only 1 for all accounts. How do I delete all the others and keep them from coming back.

Dennis

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

When you set up the (3) E-mail Accounts, you did not set them up into (1) PST file so each one is independent.

Will have to think how I would go about changing the mistake.

I would setup the (3) Email Accounts Again from Scratch Using (1) PST File and import the other PST Files with the NO Duplicates Option Checked.

A bit of work here because of the original setup mistake.

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

dah

Rick..

Thanks for your answer, however, I am not sure how to set up each account using only 1 .PST file. When I set it up it just automatically set up the file. How do you do it without setting up a new .PST file?

Dennis

Posted 2 years ago

6card

You can also swap, save, merge, etc, Outlook files and listings using Export/Import from the File > Open option. Use the .csv format.

sixcard

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

dah,

Yes that's where most folks go wrong when setting up Outlook;
they let the program Automatically set up each E-mail Account.

To setup Outlook with multiple E-mail Accounts in only (1) PST, Outlook has to be setup Manually.

A walk through of this procedure is difficult for me to explain without the posting of some Screen Shots Pictures.

Let me look around on the net to see if I can find an Existing Tutorial.

ADDED: There is a way to fix the issue by Adding Accounts to Manually Configure Server Setting......etc... but unless you are familiar with Outlook, the task may be quite difficult.

Rick P.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

dah

Rick..

I understand, and it worked like a champ. Thanks for all your help.

Dennis

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.